Held since 2011, DSI’s Health IT Summits are a unique forum that allows for personnel from DoD, VA, Federal and State agencies to convene in one location along with leaders from Industry and Academia that support them.
*The Summit is neither officially endorsed or sanctioned by the Depts of VA and DoD.
October 2017 Summit Topics to Include:
- VA EHR Modernization
- Integrating MHS Genesis throughout MHS
- Utilizing Big Data to Improve Population Health Tracking and Alerting
- Integrating Health Business Strategies for Improved Organizational Performance
- Innovative Data Analytics and Clinical Informatics Strategies
- Developing enhanced HIT Infrastructures and Standards
- Cyber Security for Patient Health Information and Network Security
- Promoting greater Clinician Engagement for Greater Delivery of Care
- Developing Strategies for Greater Health Information Exchange and Data Accessibility
Why Should you Attend the October Summit?
At DSI’s DoD/VA and Gov. HIT Summit, we provide a forum allowing our invited speakers representing the DoD, VA, Government Agencies, Academia, and Private Industry to describe the efforts that their organization is taking to better use IT technologies and informatics strategies for an improved and data driven, patient centered Military healthcare system.
Advances in information technology have vastly accelerated our ability to collect data, analyze it, and apply that data to better support informed decision making. It is through the realization of these IT technologies and strategies that we are able to directly benefit the patient’s future healthcare outcomes.
The 2017 October Health IT Summit will provide valuable information on the current and prospective efforts supported by the U.S. Government to transform healthcare, and healthcare delivery through innovative IT solutions.
DSI’s team specializes in the extensive research and development of our Symposium’s content and focus areas, and we will assemble the most respected minds in the community from Senior Healthcare leaders, the IT Community, key policy-makers, as well as solution providers from industry and academia. Our non-partisan approach allows us to reach across all involved organizations bring together a truly holistic group of decision makers and solution providers.
At our Summit You Will Have the Ability to:
- Gain Education & Insight: Walk away with knowledge gained from our senior level speakers on some of the complex challenges facing health information technology professionals.
- Build Partnerships: The agenda is designed to allow for ample networking opportunities and the ability to discover the most up-to-date HIT initiatives and technologies.
- Influence: Help foster ideas! Share your own insight and knowledge during our interactive sessions. All attendees are given the opportunity to address our speaker faculty with their questions or comments and will receive a pre-Summit questionnaire for precise questions and subject matters you would like our speakers to address.
Speaker and Presenter Information
Lt. Gen. (Dr.) Mark A. Ediger
USAF, Surgeon General,Office of the Surgeon General, U.S. Air Force
Dr. Paul Tibbits
SES, DCIO, Architecture, Strategy, and Design, OI&T, VA
Director, Data Development and Services Group, Office of Enterprise Data & Analytics, CMS
CIO, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute, NIH
MD Executive Director, Medical Device Innovation, Safety & Security Consortium
Expected Number of Attendees
Relevant Government Agencies
Air Force, Army, Navy & Marine Corps, Intelligence Agencies, DOD & Military, Dept of Health & Human Services, Dept of Veterans Affairs, NASA, Other Federal Agencies, State Government, FEMA, National Institutes of Health, National Guard Association, Federal Government, State & Local Government, FDA
Tue-Wed, Oct 17-18, 2017, 8:00am – 5:00pm
|Government & Military:||$0.00|
|Non-Profit & Academia:||$450.00|
|Early Registration 1:||$795.00 (Until 08/18/2017)|
|Early Registration 2:||$850.00 (Until 09/15/2017)|
Mary M. Gates Learning Center
701 N Fairfax St
Alexandria, VA 22314