United States Coast Guard (USCG) Surface Forces Logistics Center (SFLC)’s 2018 Industry Day in Baltimore, MD
www.fbo.gov – Solicitation No. 704018_SFLC_Industry_Day_2018-618
*** PLEASE NOTE, REGISTRATION REQUIRED NO LATER THAN APRIL 16, 2018 AND THE EMAIL ADDRESS TO SUBMIT THE REGISTRATION FORM https://www.fbo.gov/utils/view?id=4fa620beeb075cb8f390d8fca098d57d at: SFLC-Industry@uscg.mil ***
May 16, 2018
Coast Guard Surface Forces Logistics Center (SFLC)
ABOUT THE EVENT:
The U.S. Coast Guard SFLC will be hosting its fifth annual Doing Business with the Coast Guard SFLC. This one day event will provide a forum by which the SFLC will communicate some of its upcoming requirements, in order to increase competition by sharing useful information.
In addition, there will be time allotted to network, meet and greet with Contracting Officers, Small Business Specialists, Quality Assurance Representatives, Technical Representatives and a tour of the Coast Guard Yard waterfront and warehouse.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND:
Companies, large and small, including socioeconomic businesses that are interested in SFLC contracting and subcontracting opportunities representing the ship repair industry, as well as marine services, supplies and parts associated with ship repair are encouraged to attend. Prior federal contracting experience is not required.
All attendees are encouraged to increase business contacts, identify potential teaming partners, share best practices and trends and participate in networking, meet and greet and business card exchange.
Please note that the SFLC does not procure IT related services or supplies. Vendors should contact the Coast Guard C4IT Small Business Specialist. For more information on the general types of supplies and services each unit procures and the point of contacts for each, please see http://www.dhs.gov/small-business-specialists.
All projected procurements are subject to revision or cancellation. Final decisions on the extent of competition, small business participation, estimated value, or any aspect of the procurement action will not be made until each procurement is initiated. Forecast data is for planning purposes only and is not a commitment by the government to purchase the described products or services.
To review forecasted requirements, please review the SFLC (search for USCG/SFLC) forecast at: http://apfs.dhs.gov/.
REGISTRATION: Registration is required to attend this event. Seats are limited and reservations will be based on first come first serve basis.
• Each company is limited to two attendees – no exceptions.
• Each company must pre-register to attend this event. Please complete the attached registration form and email to: SFLC-Industry@uscg.mil
• Check-in begins at 8:00 a.m. on May 16, 2018. All company representatives must check-in prior to entering the base. No one will be allowed on base prior to 8:00 a.m.
• All companies are encouraged to submit a capabilities statement or line card with their registration for the event.
• Please bring to the event a copy of the completed registration form and the email notification that your registration has been accepted.
• There is no cost to attend this event; however, space is limited by the first 180 registrants.
• Registration will close at noon on April 16, 2018 or when the attendance limit is reached; whichever occurs first.
• If there is a need to change the name(s) of your company’s representative, said change shall be done before May 4, 2018. No exceptions.
• Carpooling is highly recommended as parking is limited. Please advise if handicapped parking is required.
• Walking to and from the parking lot to the event will be required regardless of weather.
• Agenda and all documents handed out at event will be posted at www.fbo.gov soon.
A tour of the Coast Guard Yard and warehouse will be offered to anyone who is interested. Simply check the block on the registration form indicating your interest. If you plan to participate in the tour, you are encouraged to bring your own hard hat and safety glasses. The Coast Guard Yard is an industrial area and safety is our top priority; therefore, appropriate clothing must be worn to participate in the tour. Sturdy closed in shoes (no open toe shoes will be allowed), no skirts or dresses; slacks only. Please note, the tours require a substantial amount of walking.
Real ID Act: The Coast Guard Yard strictly enforces the requirements of the Real ID Act as required by law. Please review the following link for acceptable forms of identification in order to access the Coast Guard Yard: https://www.dhs.gov/real-id
Foreign Visitor Information
If not a US citizen, please provide the following information:
First, Middle and Last Name
The NC Military Business Center, the NC Community College System, and the State of North Carolina do not officially endorse events. These items are posted strictly for the information and convenience of NCMBC customers.