The North Carolina Military Business Center (NCMBC) will host several agency-specific, one-hour web conferences (WEBCONs) with federal agencies, small businesses and federal contractors nationwide during 3Q FY2020.
Intent. The intent of these one-hour WEBCONs is to:
- sustain the defense industrial base during the COVID-19 crisis
- keep small businesses engaged in the federal market during this crisis
- help your agency meet its requirements and complete its acquisitions in FY2020, despite the COVID-19 crisis.
Execution. During the WEBCON, federal agencies may present and field questions regarding:
- Planned acquisitions during 3Q and 4Q FY2020
- Special COVID-19 acquisitions during FY2020
- Anticipated acquisition strategy/vehicles for FY2020 acquisitions (GSA, FedBid, DIBBS, etc.)
- Existing contracts/contractors with subcontractor/supplier opportunities
- Small business utilization goals and accomplishments through 2Q FY2020
- Base access, defense “critical items,” Defense Production Act and related considerations
- Other topics, including factors impacting your processes and contractor performance on future acquisitions
Registration. Registration is required for each WEBCON in order for businesses to receive the session-specific Zoom log-in information. There is no cost to attend.
- Presentation will include:
- Overview of the North Carolina National Guard
- Doing Business with the National Guard (Federal Focus)
- Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve (ESGR) Briefing
- Overview of the National Guard Association of the United States 2021 Convention (Charlotte)
- Additional topics that may be covered:
- Employing National Guard Servicemembers
- Construction projects, Federal (Air) State (Army)