Assisted NC businesses in winning 4,166 contracts minimum value of $16.26 billion
Support Provided by Fayetteville Technical Community College

Be prepared for the transition from the DUNS Number to the Unique Entity ID (SAM)

By April 4, 2022, the federal government will transition away from the use of the DUNS Number and toward the new Unique Entity ID as the primary means of entity identification for federal awards government-wide.  If you are registered in, you’ve already been assigned a new Unique Entity ID! It’s viewable in your entity registration record. Go to and select the green Help on UEI Transition button to learn more.

What’s new? You can now get a Unique Entity ID (SAM) from as a stand-alone request. Some of you might be subcontractors or grant subrecipients who don’t need to complete the full entity registration process. You just need the unique entity identifier. Here’s how the new process works:

To get a Unique Entity ID (SAM): 

  1. Go to and sign in or create an account.
  2. Select the “Get Started” button from the Entity Management widget displayed in your Workspace.
  3. Select the “Get Unique Entity ID” button near the bottom of the page.
  4. Enter your entity’s information on the next page and follow the system prompts.

Remember, the DUNS Number is the official entity identifier used by the federal government until April 2022, so you’ll need to get a DUNS Number from Dun & Bradstreet before you can request a Unique Entity ID (SAM).  Enter your entity information exactly as it appears on your Dun & Bradstreet record.

Keep an eye on the IAE space on GSA Interact for more information in the near future!

The NC Military Business Center, the NC Community College System, and the State of North Carolina do not officially endorse events. These items are posted strictly for the information and convenience of NCMBC customers.

website by Biz Tools One