Business Development Professional (Jacksonville, NC)
Name of Position:
Business Development Professional
Applications Accepted Through:
Open Until Filled
Effective Date of Employment (or Contract):
Length of Employment or Contract:
Commensurate with education and experience
*This position may be filled full- or part-time. The employment relationship is also negotiable, i.e., the selected candidate may become a Community College employee, an employee of the NCMBC’s staffing firm, or the employee/owner of a company contracted to provide staff to the NCMBC.
A combination of education or experience equivalent to four years in business development and/or military procurement is required. Must have a working knowledge of military procurement systems and procedures. Excellent writing skills and proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet, database and internet research systems are required. A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business Administration or a related field with work experience in military procurement is preferred. Excellent word processing, spreadsheet and data base utilization and internet research skills, including working knowledge of MatchForce.org, MS Office and SalesForce client management software are preferred.
The Business Development Professional participates on the NCMBC business development team. Qualified candidates will possess excellent computer skills, demonstrate evidence of a career that includes flexibility and willingness to change, open-mindedness, fairness and the ability to see multiple perspectives, a willingness to take risks, and a willingness to accept responsibility for professional and personal growth.
The Business Development Professional will
- Conduct public awareness, recruit and counsel area businesses regarding federal contract opportunities.
- Conduct assistance visits to current federal contractors and contracting-capable, mature businesses.
- Assess client companies’ business development, capture, contract execution and other capabilities, recommend actions and assist in coordinating with community college and other resources to fill gaps and improve capabilities.
- Develop, coordinate and present training in multiple counties on finding federal contract opportunities, developing proposals for responses to federal solicitations, Wide Area Workflow, evaluating GSA schedule and preparing responses to GSA schedule contract solicitations.
- Identify future and current federal business opportunities within assigned industry(ies) and from assigned federal buying offices. Using the NCMBC SalesForce database, will identify NC companies capable of performing the work, and will source the opportunities to these businesses statewide using MS Excel and Outlook.
- Provide one-on-one business assistance services to companies to understand specific federal solicitations and to develop proposals and/or quotes for government contracts, including GSA schedule contracts.
- Assist in developing contract-specific teaming relationships, and assist in planning, coordinating and executing networking events between NC and out-of-state prime contractors.
- Assist in coordinating NCMBC training events (Federal/Defense Contractor Academies and advanced training workshops) within assigned geographic area of responsibility.
- Establish and maintain liaison with assigned federal buying offices and small business specialists develops market intelligence on future opportunities and, with the NCMBC webmaster, maintains industry-and agency-specific market intelligence pages on the NCMBC website.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the NCMBC Executive Director and Director of Operations.
INSTITUTION: The NCMBC is a statewide, business development component of the North Carolina Community College system, headquartered at Fayetteville Technical Community College, an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
APPLICATIONS: Submit a resume, cover letter and any supporting materials by email to email@example.com. Applications will be screened, and the most qualified applicants interviewed. When the position is filled, all applicants will be notified and the position posting will be removed from the NCMBC website.