Small Business Assistance Programs
The government works to make sure small businesses get at least 23 percent of all federal contracting dollars.
U.S. SMALL BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION – Whether you’re trying to win your first government contract or you’re an experienced contractor, the SBA and its partner organizations can be valuable resources.
Contracting Assistance Programs – The SBA provides several programs to help small businesses win federal contracts.
North Carolina District Office – Small business loan and assistance programs, special outreach efforts and initiatives to aid and inform small businesses with offices in Charlotte, Wilmington, Raleigh and Asheville.
SBA Government Contracting Classroom – Whether you’re looking to start a small business or expand your current one, SBA’s digital learning platform has everything you need to educate yourself on entrepreneurial best practices and available financing options.
North Carolina Small Business and Technology Development Center (SBTDC) – The SBTDC provides management counseling and educational services to small and mid-sized businesses.
North Carolina Small Business Center Network (SBC) – The North Carolina Small Business Center Network located at each of our state’s 58 community colleges to help guide budding entrepreneurs through the steps of considering, planning, developing, opening, and operating a small business.
USA.GOV SMALL BUSINESS – Learn the steps to start a business, get financing help from the government, and more.
Get Help with Government Contracting – Learn how to grow your business by having federal, state, and local governments as customers
Small Business in North Carolina – Find information to help you do business in North Carolina. Learn how to start a business, find funding, win government contracts, and more.
Sell to the Military – Find out how your small business can get a contract with the military. Follow these links to visit the OSDBUs or OSBPs for each branch of the military:
- Department of the Air Force
- Department of Defense (DOD)
- Department of the Navy
- National Guard
- U.S. Army
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
- United States Coast Guard
- United States Marine Corps
Sell to a Federal Agency – Find out how your small business can get a contract with a specific federal agency. Follow these links to visit the OSDBUs or OSBPs within top federal agencies:
- Defense Contract Management Agency (DCMA)
- Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA)
- Defense Logistics Agency (DLA)
- Department of Commerce (DOC)
- Department of Education (ED)
- Department of Energy (DOE)
- Department of Health and Human Services (HHS)
- Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
- Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- Department of Justice (DOJ)
- Department of Labor (DOL)
- Department of the Interior (DOI)
- Department of the Treasury
- Department of Transportation (DOT)
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
- Federal Aviation Administration (FAA)
- Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC)
- General Services Administration (GSA)
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA)
- National Science Foundation (NSF)
- Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC)
- Office of Personnel Management (OPM)
- Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC)
- Smithsonian Institution
- Social Security Administration (SSA)
- U.S Agency for International Development (USAID)
- U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA)
- U.S. Postal Service (USPS)