Federal Business Development, Wilmington
Location: Cape Fear Community College
502 N. Front Street, Office 533
Wilmington, NC 28401
Installation and Industry Assignments:
- USCG Acquisition Directorate, CG-9, Washington, DC
- USCG Shore Infrastructure Logistics Center, Norfolk, VA
- USCG SILC Civil Engineering Unit (CEU) Cleveland, Cleveland, OH
- USCG Command, Control, Communications, Computers and IT Service Center, Alexandria, VA
- UCGG Command, Control, Communications Engineering Center
- US Customs and Border Protection (CBP)
- Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
- United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)
- Transportation Security Administration (TSA)
- Federal Bureau of Investigations
- DLA Medical Supply Chain
- Defense Health Agency
- US Army Medical Logistics: U.S. Army Medical Materiel Agency (USAMMA)
- US Army Medical Command / Department:
- Regional Health Command Atlantic (RHCA)
- Medical Research and Materiel Command, Ft. Detrick, MD (USAMRMC)
- Medical Research Acquisition Activity, Ft. Detrick, MD (USAMRAA)
- Medical Research and Development Command (MRDC)
- Health Readiness Contracting Office (Fort Sam Houston, TX)
- Navy Bureau of Medicine and Surgery
- Navy Medicine East, Portsmouth, VA
- Naval Medical Center Portsmouth, VA
- National Institute of Environmental Health Sciences
Service to the following counties: Brunswick, Pender and New Hanover
Biography. Olivia Chavez-Carroll joined the North Carolina Military Business Center in December 2022 to support North Carolina businesses as Federal Business Development Professional. In this role she connects North Carolina businesses and organizations to the Department of Defense and federal business opportunities; identifies lucrative and attractive solicitations and provides this info to NC businesses; helps match North Carolina capabilities with federal requirements; and helps North Carolina companies prepare, present and execute strategies to win federal business.
Olivia is a former Army Aviation Officer, Pilot, Operations Officer, Training Officer and Public Affairs Officer. Starting her military career with the United States Marine Corps at Parris Island, SC. Serving in the Enlisted Ranks on Active Duty in Yokosuka, JA, Camp Johnson, NC, Camp Pendleton, CA and completed her eight-year service in the reserve in Fort Worth, TX. After 9/11 she entered the South Carolina Army National Guard, completed Officer Candidates Course and went on to become the First Female and Latina sent to Army Flight School, Fort Rucker, AL and become a CH-47D, Chinook Pilot by in the SCARNG.
Her assignments included Executive Officer while deployed in support of Operation Enduring Freedom ’08-’09 and 51st Aviation Group Personnel Officer, in the. Army Reserve Public Affairs Officer in Southern California and Civil Affairs Platoon Leader and Family Readiness Coordinator. Olivia supported her units in both Iraq and Afghanistan, served a total of 8 years in the United States Marine Corps, 7 years in the South Carolina Army National Guard and 6 years in Army Reserve.
In addition to her military service, Olivia’s experience includes:
- Veteran Coordinator and Program Developer, Atomic Veterans Service Awards with CACI International, Reston, VA and the Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA)
- Strategic Advisor for JC Analytics, LLC, Herndon, VA
- Contractor – KUOG, INC., Huntsville, AL.
Mrs. Carroll is originally from San Fernando, CA, receiving her Bachelors of Arts degree in International Relations (Government / Middle East) with a minor in Spanish and her Associate of Arts from Los Angeles Pierce College in Political Science. Olivia is excited about establishing new roots in North Carolina, working to achieve significant economic and community business development and create an environment of growing successful government contractors in the state. Olivia enjoys spending time with her husband Retired SFC Jacob E. Carroll, Sr. by exploring the community and culture of Wilmington; with football usually in mind!