Event Title: North Carolina Installation Innovation and Modernization Symposium “Leveraging Technology and Data to Better Inform the Future”.
When. April 18, 2024 following the Southeast Region Federal Construction, Infrastructure and Environmental Summit at 1300.
Where. Wilmington Convention Center, 515 Nutt Street, Wilmington, NC 28401
Description: The North Carolina Installation Innovation and Modernization (NCI2M) Symposium is intended to facilitate collaborative discussions on infrastructure and Quality of Life issues in North Carolina. Military installation commanders, and city leaders will engage in panel discussions on the challenges of integrating standardized networked SMART technologies with the DoD network and systems. Industry subject matter experts will be able to engage civic and military leaders to discuss advances in technology and share their perspectives on innovative ways to leverage Smart technology sensors and data.
Theme: Innovation and Resiliency – Leveraging technology and data to better inform the future.
Event Problem Statement: Military installations face difficulties in adopting SMART technologies at a pace that is comparable to that of our city counterparts. As the United States modernizes its military forces, military installations must be adaptive, resilient, sustainable, and capable modern installations that enhance strategic readiness. How can North Carolina military installations leverage and implement smart city initiatives, processes, or technologiesto create modern installations capable of supporting strategic readiness of our military?
- Military installation commanders, and city leaders discuss challenges of integrating standardized networked SMART technologies with the DoD network and systems resulting in……..?
- Industry subject matter experts engage civic and military leaders to discuss advances in technology and share their perspectives on innovative ways to leverage Smart technology sensors and data.
- Recommendations of future projects submitted through IMCOM to the Army Installation Modernization Council of Colonels for consideration in future Army Installation Modernization Pilot Program projects.
Business Participation. The North Carolina Military Business Center highly encourages Summit and other businesses to participate in the NCI2M Symposium. Per the above description, military commanders in North Carolina are seeking industry-provided input, suggestions, and recommendations that the commanders can submit through their respective installation management commands to support future pilot projects to implement SMART technologies in facilities on installations in North Carolina.
- 1300-1305 Welcome / Opening Remarks
- 1305-1345 Infrastructure Maintenance and Sustainment Discussion Panel
Leveraging Smart Technologies (sensors and data), creating a network of tools that reduces maintenance problems, system downtimes, costs, and fulfill environmental sustainability and stewardship responsibilities.
Panel Members: TBA
- 1345-1400 Break
- 1400-1445 Decision Tools Discussion Panel
Integrating simulations into operational planning and exercises as a predictive decision-making tool to better understand installation operational readiness and impacts (cause and effect) of decisions.
Panel Members: TBD
- 1445-1500 Break
- 1500-1545 Modern Installation Operations Discussion Panel
Modernizing water, power, and communications networks with Smart Technologies that are affordable, integrated, and capable of operating on a Government network.
Panel Members: TBD
- 1545-1600 Closing Comments
* Potential Topics: Law Enforcement; Physical Security; Information Services Technology Management; Environmental Conservation; Pollution Prevention; Environmental Compliance
- The NCI2M Symposium is a free event; however, registration is required and does not convey registration in the Southeast Region Federal Construction, Infrastructure and Environmental Summit (a three-day event that concludes the morning prior to NCI2M).
- NCI2M registration is available at: https://ncmbc.us/Machform/machform/view.php?id=201987.
- Southeast Region Federal Construction, Infrastructure and Environmental Summit participants are welcome to attend the NCI2M. A registration option for NCI2M is available on your Summit registration.
- NCI2M participants that wish to also attend the Southeast Region Federal Construction, Infrastructure and Environmental Summit, must register on the Summit website: https://summit.ncmbc.us.