The North Carolina Military Business Center and the US Small Business Administration will host a “Small Business Updates – New Regulations and Impact to Small Businesses” webinar on September 13, 2023 at 0900.
When. September 13, 2023 at 0900.
Where. Zoom for Government. Log-in credentials will be emailed the day prior.
About. This webinar will provide an overview and summary of new changes to the Small Business regulations. Mr. Roman Ivey, Program Analyst with the Office of Policy, Planning and Liaison, US Small Business Administration will discuss changes, including the following:
- Changes to the ownership and control requirements for the 8A BD program- allowing a change of ownership for a former participant that is still performing one or more 8(a) contracts
- Clarifying language regarding that a contracting officer cannot limit an 8(a) competition to participants having more than one certification and clarifying the rules pertaining to issuing sole source 8(a) orders under an 8(a) multiple award contract
- Bona fide place of business requirements (124.501k)
- Ostensible Subcontractor rule (re-designated (121.103(h)(3))
- Limitations on Subcontracting (125.6)
- Recent Federal Court that prohibits SBAs use of Rebuttable presumption for 8(a) program
- Moratorium on bona fide offices
- Populate vs non-populated JVs (121.103(h)(4))
- Size protest (121.1001)
- Limiting Competition to SB Programs Entities (124.501, 126.609, 127.503e and 128.404(d))
- Sole source awards to Individually Owned 8(a)s
- Moving work previously performed under an 8(a) contract to an 8(a) MAC (124.503.1)
- Inclusion of indirect costs in subcontracting plans (125.3)
- Mentor-Protégé programs (125.9)
- HubZone Ostensible subcontractor rule (126.601(d))
- WOSB certification program sole sourcing
- SDVOSB certification program sole sourcing
- HubZone certification program sole sourcing
Register. This is a free event; however, registration is required to receive the log-in credentials.