FEDTEX Session: Military Service Dialogue with Industry (May 23-24, 2023 – Raleigh)
Session Focus: Military Service Dialogue with Industry
The Federal and Defense Textile (FEDTEX) Summit hosted by the Office of US Senator Thom Tillis, the North Carolina Military Business Center (NCMBC) and the North Carolina Defense Technology Transition Office (DEFTECH) connects the US Department of Defense (DoD) and federal agency clothing and individual equipment buyers with US textile manufacturers, textile supply chain suppliers, cut and sew contractors, research and development (R&D) facilities, testing labs and academic resources.
Who should attend– All prime textile manufacturers and textile supply chain manufacturers currently producing DOD, medical, PPE and related soldier systems. Any potential textile manufacturers that have interest in learning, understanding or possibly entering the DoD/federal marketplace should attend this Summit. The event is open to all United States and Puerto Rico based textile firms.
FEDTEX 23 objectives:
- Engage with existing contractors and attract new capable businesses into the federal and defense clothing, textiles, and tactical equipment marketplace.
- Engage existing textile supply chain suppliers and attract new capable businesses into the federal marketplace, and to connect these component suppliers with federal prime contractors.
- Inform the industrial and academic R&D ecosystem about desired future military technology requirements, and likewise inform DoD agencies about emerging and future textile innovations.
- Establish a productive and DIRECT dialogue between businesses, government, and academia around critical warfighter issues in the defense textile marketplace – including workforce, supply chain, inflation challenges, and barriers to entry.
SESSION FOCUS: MILITARY SERVICE DIALOGUE WITH INDUSTRY will discuss current and programmed future requirements, acquisition processes and current and future acquisitions, and will dialogue with industry about production capacity and challenges for products within various commodity categories, as outlined below. Speakers and industry may also dialogue about priorities, production challenges and opportunities to integrate advanced technologies into products within these commodity sectors.
- US Army & PEO Soldier
- US Marine Corps & US Coast Guard
- US Air Force & US Space Force
- US Navy
WHEN. May 23-24, 2023
North Carolina State University – McKimmon Conference Center
1101 Gorman Street
Raleigh, North Carolina 27606
- Defense Alliance of North Carolina
- North Carolina Textile Technology Center at Gaston College
- Manufacturing Solutions Center at Catawba Valley Community College
- Manufacturing & Textile Innovation Network
- North Carolina Defense Industry Diversification Initiative (NCDIDI)
- National Council of Textile Organizations
- Southern Textile Association